Articles of Association of the Pastoral Training Foundation of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens.
The “Pastoral Training Foundation (IPE) of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens” is a Training and Research Ecclesiastical Foundation of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens. It was established with the decision No. 1631/896 / 28−5−2009 (Government Gazette Β 1011) of the Permanent Holy Synod of the Church of Greece and became an Autonomous Ecclesiastical Legal Entity under Private Law and with non-profit character with the decision no. 22 / 128 / 14-1-2015 (Government Gazette B 269) of the Permanent Holy Synod of the Church of Greece and the amendment of the Rules of Procedure operation, as defined in the Government Gazette. vol. B ‘5152 / 31-12-2019 regarding article 1 par. 1.
The institutional framework for the operation of IPE determined by article 64 of Law 4415/2016, as amended with article 106 of Law 4763/2020 and with article 216 of Law 4823/2021, according to which:
- a) IPE provides lifelong education, training and pastoral education of the clergy, the church officials, and the other executives of the Holy Dioceses, of legal persons and other bodies of the Church, as referred to in Article 1 par. 4 of Law 590/1977. For the fulfillment of the above purpose, cooperation agreements are made with the Holy Dioceses, the above legal entities, and other bodies.
- b) It is a Certified Educational Structure for the provision of certified training programs in the Public Sector (article 1 of PC 57/2007). The certified training of the clergy, the church servants, and the other staff of the Church bodies, provided by IPE, is scored for the selection of executives in the Public Sector.
- c) It is a provider of lifelong learning services and provides non-typical education and training as a Center for Lifelong Learning.
- d) For the fulfillment of its purposes, it can sign agreements with Higher Education Institutions of the country, Holy Dioceses, legal entities and other Church bodies, as well as with organizations or bodies of other religious denominations.
- e) The actions of IPE can be funded by the Church or collaborating bodies or charities or from donations, as well as from national sources, European Union, and co-financed programs of the European Union.
IPE as a co-financed project management body has received a certificate of Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2015 and has fully complied and harmonized with the EU and national regulatory framework for the protection of personal data, namely Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as well as Law 4624/2019.
- The pastoral, theological and practical training of candidates for ordination and of hierarchical couple, the general training of the clergy and their constant information about the social, cultural, technological and intellectual developments
- The study, promotion, and support of the Orthodox Tradition and of the Greek-Christian cultural and spiritual wealth
- The organization of training seminars, practice workshops as well as pastoral religious, cultural, and socio-political issues research programs,
- Digital technology training and digitization, saving and highlighting the heirloom and archival wealth of the Church.
- Assignation and development of research and programs regarding all the aforementioned fields of activity.
Evolution of IPE
Until today, IPE has concluded 72 Cooperation Agreement with Holy Dioceses of Greece including all fourteen Holy Dioceses of Crete and Dodecanese and the Patriarchal Exarchate of Patmos, as by decision of the Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Holy Synod of the Church of Crete a Cooperation Agreement of IPE with the Orthodox Academy of Crete has been signed, with whose assistance the training programs are implemented.
In parallel, Cooperation Agreements with the Ministry of Public Order, the University Neapolis of Paphos, with the Apostolic Ministry of the Church of Greece, the Orthodox Academy of Crete, as mentioned above, the Federation of Greek Singing Associations and with services of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens, such as the Voluntary Ministry of Patients, the Library, the Foundation for Youth and Family and the Ecclesiastical Foundation for Byzantine and Traditional Music have been signed.
There is also collaboration with the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the University of West Attica, and other academic institutions of the country, with the European University of Cyprus and the Archbishop Library Ieronymou II in Oinofyta, Boeotia.
The administrative structure of IPE
- Regular members of the Board
– His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece Mr. Ieronymos II (President)
– His Eminence Metropolitan of Ilio, Acharnes and Petroupolis Mr. Athenagoras
(Vice President and legal representative of IPE)
– His Eminence Metropolitan of Nea Ionia, Philadelphia, Heraklion
and Chalcedon Mr. Gabriel (Member)
– His Excellency Metropolitan of Fanari Mr. Agathangelos, General Manager
Apostolic Ministry (Member)
– Very Reverend Archimandrite Barnabas Theocharis, Protosyncellus of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens (Treasurer)
– Georgios Filias, Professor of the Theological School of the National Kapodistrian
University of Athens (Member)
– Dr. Grigorios Lakiotis, Director of the Surgery Clinic of the General Hospital. “Evangelismos” (Secretary).
- Alternate Members of the Board
– His Excellency Metropolitan of Thermopylae Mr. Ioannis
– His Grace Bishop of Thavmakos Mr. Iakovos
– Reverend Protopresbyter Adamantios Augoustidis, Professor of the Theological Sc hool of EKPA, Psychiatrist, General Hierarchical Commissioner I.A.A.
- Deputy Director
– Very Reverend Archimandrite Theologos Alexandrakis, PhD Candidate of the Theological School of EKPA, LLB & LLM, Head of Agios Antonios Ano Patision
- Scientific Advisors
– Mr. Konstantinos Kaltsas, Secondary Education Teacher, Former School Counselor, Former Chairman of the Board EOPPEP.
– Very Reverend Archimandrite Theologos Alexandrakis,, Coordinator and academic teacher of undergraduate program “Byzantine Music – Psaltic Art” of the European University of Cyprus